March 31, 2013

Season START

 Its been a while since i raced, so it was about to start it. This year started not so well in preparation, and the weather keeps it "winterly", although it's almost eastern. The first stage at the Clujul Pedaleaza Championship was about to begin but the weather thought otherwise so the organizers had to reschedule. After arriving in Cluj Saturday afternoon i went on the racetrack to see in what conditions we'll have to race on Sunday. Well it was okay. A few slippery ascents and a longer muddy descent and one technical zone was on the menu. I felt pretty good that day. On race day my warm up went good, but had to wait for the start so, didn't made much with it. Started a bot slower cause i was a bit to cautious on that first descent. Somehow i managed to pull my brake hose away from the  fork gate so i risked to brake it. I continued cautiously to finish my first lap. I was slow like hell. After 1 lap i managed to fix my problem and got into chase-mode and after 2 laps my power came to an and elite riders started to overlap me. I almost abandoned the race cause my back hurt and i could not pedal any further but if it's not technical, then its no reason to give up a race. So i continued. Not my best race but a finished in 12th from 19 riders. I started almost like last year, and last year was good. Hope this year will be a bit better.
Thanks to those who are supporting me this year: triathlon-energy-shop.ro / x-factor.ro / freestylesport.ro and for those who had not decided yet :D 
Let the season begin!
THE RACE
doing it right

some riders talking

went down only once like this

No comments:

Post a Comment